©2009 crystalismz.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved | Designed by Yvonne Yong | Best viewed on Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome

Photobucket



Thursday, May 23, 2013

Santorini Day 2 Part 1


 We stayed in a different hotel until Jerine arrived. It was a rather last minute decision due to flight tickets and clashes in dates. As we were walking towards the other hotel, I couldn't resist taking a picture at the Oia Square. 

 The shops started to open like at around 11ish? It totally gave me the holiday mood, everything starts late so I did not miss anything! :D

 The other side of the island from Oia Square. I wonder which part of island is that hmm!

The church is located at Oia's main square. You can't really miss this area if you're in Oia, it's the main square where it has a huge space to hangout. If you take the bus to Oia, you only need about two minutes walk to Oia main square. It's sort of a landmark where you can meet with friends who stays in different hotels.

 So we didn't stay at the private suites that overseas Aegean. I'll probably do that with my other half or something haha. We stayed in Oia Sunset Apartments which is only a minute walk from the bus stop. The cost per night is about €80. Price varies based on season. Currently it's not the season to swim yet... Probably in a month or two when it gets hotter.

 Panos and Stavros greeted us when we arrived. They are really nice hosts, like super. They made us feel as if we were going back home. There was this random lady whom I've spoken to... She said she comes back once every year to Santorini just to relax and visit them. Unlike commercialized resorts, they try their best to serve all their customers like friends they've known for long. 

 There are many shops everywhere in Santorini selling their local products. This shop is located right at Oia's bus stop.

I really have no idea what Capers is... Probably I've eaten them without realizing. There are just so many things I've not exactly seen it before. Maybe just wine. I get sort of excited to see things like that but I won't buy for the obvious reason, I don't know what's that.. Anyway, I think there are more shops in Fira than Oia.

Fira is another town located in Santorini. We took a bus from Oia to Fira which costs only €1.60 for one way. The duration of the journey is about 20 minutes or so. You'll be amazed that that bus is actually one huge bus and yet they can handle the narrow and winding roads! According to a Greek friend, never take a cab in an island! It's a rip-off! :P

That's it for today, I shall move on to Fira in the upcoming post! 

Labels: , , ,


Voneats @ 4:56 PM
0 scribbles
Older Posts Newer Posts