©2009 crystalismz.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved | Designed by Yvonne Yong | Best viewed on Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome

Photobucket



Monday, May 20, 2013

Santorini Day 1


 We were supposed to be in Santorini at about 1ish pm, but due to the unfortunate delay in flight, we arrived at about 4+. What a waste of time really. Every second in Santorini counts!

 Luckily we were just in time for sunset!! We were not too sure of the location for sunset but fret not, the locals are extremely nice! Just ask them they'll definitely lead you to that popular spot. 

Meet my old travel buddy, Monica. We went to Abu Dhabi and Dubai a couple of years back, besides the fact that both of us grew older, she has Little Vanessa now (and Viviana! Too young to join us for now)

 Be there early if you want a good spot... I noticed there were so many people who prefer to buy their own bottle of wine and just sit by the stairs. It's probably the budget style of enjoying the sunset.

 There's this spot right at the tip where I can see so many people but I don't know how to get there. I didn't ask too because I thought our spot was good enough. Besides I really wanted to sit down and grab food and wine.

 There are so many stalls like that selling souvenirs. That blue eye thingy reminded me of my pendant I bought from Turkey many, many years ago. I don't really know the history behind but apparently it brings good luck. I have no idea why both Turkey and Greece sells the same thing.

 If you don't feel like eating you can just grab a bottle of wine from the supermarket and sit or stand by the stairs.

 It took us a while to search for a place.. Most of the restaurants were full.

 Little Vanessa handles her stairs really well! Note that it is normal to see stairs like that in Santorini. Don't expect the taxi to send you to your doorstep.. It's not possible. Unless if you're intending to hire a donkey or something. That's how they transport goods in Santorini.

 The view from the restaurant.

 
 Click here for the food review.

 It got a little bit cold, probably not the best season to go. It's not really the season where you can swim.

 The church area in Oia. It's in the center of the long walk you cannot miss it.

 There's just one long street in the Oia area. It gets really difficult to find the hotel if you don't know where exactly it is. 

 I love every single picture I've taken back in Santorini. Feels like I'm in heaven or something. (or better!)

 The little bookshop that looks like I'm in some fairytale!

Randomly bought a local Santorini wine. It was relatively sweet. No, actually it tasted like grape juice!!

It was only our first day and I have like so many photos already. The best thing is? I won't ever get tired of taking photos in Santorini! The Aegean Sea is too damn beautiful!! I've got too much to blog about but I'm skipping everything because I love Santorini more than any other places I've been to right now. :)

Labels: , , , ,


Voneats @ 12:04 AM
2 scribbles
Older Posts Newer Posts